Monday, June 20, 2011

Me? Write a BOOK?!?

Okay, so twice in the past week alone, somebody has told me that I need to write a book. Who, me? Write a BOOK?!? I don't think so...

But it got me to thinking. In both conversations, and in times' past when the same suggestion was made, I was sharing a family story of some type. You know what I mean... stories about when my children were younger or about when I was young or about my parents and grandparents. FAMILY stories.

I don't have many stories from my parents about their growing up years. Sure, I have a few, just not many. My husband and I have always tried to share stories with our two children so they will know their history, their background, their ancestry. When they were small, those were their favorite kinds of stories: "Tell me a story about when you were little, Momma." or "Tell me the story about pretending to be Evel Knievel, Daddy!"


So I couldn't sleep last night. I was lying in bed thinking about the directives to "write a book" and thinking about the fact that I'm expecting my first grandchild. So I decided to share those family stories in blog form for my children and grandchildren. That way, they are down for posterity, but I don't have to commit to the time and effort of actually writing a book. Brilliant!

So, Katie, Kevin, and baby Butterbean ~ this is for you and for your children and grandchildren and theirs too!

No comments:

Post a Comment