Thursday, January 12, 2012

{Three on Thursday} Random

Okay, y'all ~ here is the first installment of "Three on Thursday."

1. Ken bought a 1966 Mustang in 1976, just before he graduated from high school. He started fixing it up in 1986. In 1996, he took this picture of Katie in front of it.

Katie & the Mustang ~ April 17, 1996


2. Ken and I both have beautiful mothers. Ken's mom was born in 1933 and succumbed to cancer in 2004. My mother was born in 1942 and is still going ~ not strong, maybe, but still going.

Annie Lois ~ at about age 25
Patricia Ann ~ at about age 26
  
3. My daughter and I were cleaning out an old toybox recently for her to take home for my sweet grandson's toys. We ran across this little fella, looking somewhat worse for the wear.


He is an important little Happy Meal toy. This is the toy that my son was playing with (at age 5) the day we went to the doctor's office to get his official diagnosis: Duchenne muscular dystrophy. While Ken and I talked to the doctor and cried, Kevin was playing cowboys with this little horse.

No comments:

Post a Comment